Here’s another video broadcast from my car on the way to work, my friends!
If some of you are wondering why I’m recording myself while driving to work, here are the main reasons:
- I practice spoken English with myself on a daily basis
- I practice what I preach – speaking in English ALL THE TIME ❗
- I know you love watching my videos – so why not use my free time and record them whenever I get a chance? 😉
This time I’m discussing merits of speaking spontaneously as opposed to speaking slowly. Yes, you’ll make more mistakes when speaking faster, but on the flip side it’s a great way of developing your gut feeling for correct English!
Does it sound like a contradiction?
I mean – making more mistakes to develop correct English?
Well, my friends – here’s how it happens:
- You give yourself free reign and just say out loud whatever crosses your mind without much thinking whether it’s correct or not
- In the process you’ll allow your subconscious to use expressions and phrases you’ve heard at some stage but you’re unsure of
- During the speech you’ll make mental notes of certain word combinations you’re not really sure of
- Later on you’ll look them up on Google, for instance, and you’ll find if they’re correct OR some corrections are needed
- When you use this or that particular phrase next time – there’s a bigger chance you’ll use it correctly and you’ll be more confident while doing so ❗
See – eventually making mistakes results in making fewer mistakes and you’ll also develop your overall fluency when you can speak without much planning as to what exactly you have to say.
As we all know – such planning may lead to fluency issues such as getting constantly stuck for words because you’d be analyzing your own speech all the time and your focus would shift from WHAT you speak about to HOW you speak.
Thanks for watching my videos and reading my blog guys – much appreciated!
P.S. Would you like to find out why I’m highlighting some of the text in red? Read this article and you’ll learn why it’s so important to learn idiomatic expressions and how it will help you to improve your spoken English!
P.S.S. Are you serious about your spoken English improvement? Check out my English Harmony System HERE!