If you are new here please read this first.
Hello my fellow foreign English speakers ❗
In today’s video we’re going to look at the following questions:
- Can English be held responsible for the demise of smaller languages?
- Does the English language has a lack of appreciation for other world languages?
- Are all English speakers ignorant and don’t want to speak other languages?
- Is English going to be the only language in the world in a couple of thousand years?
You see, all such and similar questions are quite important to certain categories of people – especially those who represent smaller languages on the verge of extinction.
Oftentimes, for example, English is blamed because of its historical connection with the British Empire and its world dominance.
Also, people associate English with the United States of America and blame Americans for being ignorant and living in their own language bubble.
To find out what I think about the whole thing – please watch the video above or listen to the audio file in case you can’t watch the video content for some reason or another.
And of course – you’re really welcome to participate in the discussion and express your own opinion in the matter! 🙂
ANY comments are welcome! 😉
- Is English Language Taking Over?
- Integration of Foreigners into English Speaking Society
- 10 Reasons Why English is the World’s Language
- 11 Things English Fluency has Given Me
- 5 Reasons Why I Love American Accent
P.S. Are you serious about your spoken English improvement? Check out the English Harmony System HERE!